Monday, August 26, 2013

First Blog Ever: Nail of the week

     I usually try to do a new nail design each week that I either come up with or get inspiration from somewhere else. This week I decided to just do a simple design with some dotting at the tip. I am in love with the polish salon Julep and I get most of my polishes from there. They have every color imaginable as well as glitter polishes in different forms.

     Dotting tools are a good investment for nail DIY-ers. I have a set of 5 and I use them pretty often. I would highly recommend getting a set as they are super easy to use and clean. They don't cost a lot and create great designs. I think it's still fairly easy to use even when painting with my left hand, as I am not left-handed (lol). I have some brushes also, but I find I don't use them quite as often, although they can be pretty handy. I have some learning to do with those yet!

    It's great to check out other design ideas and make it your own. I think designing nail art can be very therapeutic if it's your kind of thing. It helps me to de-stress and gives me a creative outlet. 


     For this design, I used Julep polishes with the base color of Ingrid plus Joy, Francis and Leila for the dots. The dots are just 3 different sizes. I also bought a nail art black polish that has a striping brush built-in, which I love. I also added a few glitter specks at the black line I drew. For the accent nail I used a base of Zelda from Julep along with Ingrid for the flower pedals and Leila for the flower center. You can always change up the colors however you like. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea... I love the dots! Will have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like it! It's pretty easy to do and doesn't take too long, which is good.
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Julep

Julep Beauty Inc.