Saturday, September 7, 2013

No Sugar Added Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I felt like baking the other day so I found a recipe on Taste for Home for banana oatmeal cookies. I just made it a little healthier by using whole wheat flour and Splenda instead of sugar. They came out really well so I thought I would share.

Ingredients:



  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose wheat flour
  • 24 packets of Splenda (or less if you don't like it too sweet)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
  • 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

  • In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well. Stir in nuts.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets (I used a small scoop I have for cookie dough to make them uniform). Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
--All I had was Old Fashioned Oats so, I pulsed them in the food processor a few times and added a couple of tbsp of milk with the wet ingredients to soften them and it worked out fine. If that's all you have, it can still come out well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Julep

Julep Beauty Inc.