Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Nail of the Week: Hope & Misti from Julep

Whew! It's been a crazy week. I finally got my wisdom teeth out (ouch!) but I'm glad they're finally gone. The dentist told me that when you wait too long, it can be more difficult to get out, which of course it was. So my prep for the day included doing a mani to calm my nerves. I used the teal and white colors for lots of contrast.

I started with painting all nails with white (2 light coats). Then, I painted two coats of a glitter polish that has large glitter pieces in it. You can't really make out the glitter in the photos, but in person it looks really cool. After that dried all the way, I used my trusty nail decal strips to mark off the designs that I wanted. I made a sunburst, a triangle jewel, vertical stripes, one wide horizontal stripe and one "X". You can do any design that you like. The beauty of this design is that the colors themselves bring it all together even though the patterns are different.

Doing my nails is like therapy for me, it always gets me peaceful. It's nice to have an outlet for your creative loves in life, no matter what they are. Don't waste time, do what you love now! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Julep

Julep Beauty Inc.