Friday, January 10, 2014

Nail of the Week: Stripes with Glam


I took an unintentional hiatus over the holidays-- from Christmas to New Year's to visiting my new niece! Things got so busy that I didn't have time to post my nail of the week. It was a good season of family and food and I am so grateful for everyone in my life.

This week's nail is a stripe design I found on a few other blogs that I wanted to try. It's a new take on the usual stripes and adds some dimension on the top. I used all Julep polishes except for the top coat (you can find the top coat in my TWS top coat entry). I started with one coat of Reiko, which is a shimmery polish that covers well. Over that, I used two coats of Clio, which has larger glitter pieces. I left the accent nail just like that and for the other nails I made the stripes.

After the polish had completely dried, I applied decal strips with three horizontal on the bottom and 2-3 on either side of the top (depending on what fit). I did a triangular design on the top (see photos).  Over the decals, I painted 2 coats of Sylvia (the dark purple color). I covered it all with 2 top coats to seal everything in well.

You can choose whatever colors you like for this design. I have also seen it done with a striping brush and it looks nice as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Julep

Julep Beauty Inc.