Saturday, January 18, 2014

Nail of the Week: Chai Latte




This nail was named by my sister who said it looks like a chai latte, and I agree! It's a super simple look that I made with my new Julep polishes: Hope (white), Annmarie (brown) and Farrah (metallic purple). The white is a matte polish and dries faster, which always helps.

I started with the white and painted on the tips of my nails roughly where I wanted the finished product to be. On the accent nail, I painted the whole thing white. I used about 2 coats on each nail, unless it looked a little sparse in areas and then I touched it up there. After the coats had thoroughly dried, I marked off where I wanted the white part to end with decal strips. You can use Scotch tape or even notebook paper hole reinforcers. When using either of these, be sure to place it on your skin or another surface first and peel it off to take off some of the adhesive. If you don't, there's a chance it will take off some of the polish underneath when you remove it. I just used the Annmarie polish on the four nails in 2 coats up to the line I made. Be sure it's completely dry before you peel off your tape.

For the accent nail, I used the decals to make a criss-cross pattern that I've used before. I like the 3D effect it makes. I just painted 2 coats of Farrah over it and let it dry all the way. Then, I just peeled off the decals and it's done. I always use a good top coat too.

I love finding new uses for the nail decals I bought since they don't stick for too long. They were cheap and the fact that I can do projects with them makes it worth it. I am hoping to do my next project with some abstract art, but we will see!

Enjoy your artistry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Julep

Julep Beauty Inc.